Lilly

Collections

I had several collections showing up on my EX/ EQ credit report - most of which I have paid off.
There are some that I disputed - these were taken off. I checked my CR today and the disputed items have been placed back on and there have been no changes to the ones I have paid off. I have proof of payment. - also there is a HSBC acct that keeps pooping up, I have a letter from HSBC saying there is a zero balance - Sold. Now Palasades is reporting as a collection. this acct is from 1999 - they say it's from 2003 - I requested documentation - I have not gotten anything. What can I do.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: Collections

If the collection is paid, then they can legally report it as a paid collection. Paid collections hurt as much as unpaid collections.

If it's from 1999, then dispute it with the CRAs in writing as too old to report.

If you get a call, letter or CRA reporting from a CA regarding this old TL, then DV them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=4328

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+