cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collectors are human and make mistakes!! Pay attention to every detail!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collectors are human and make mistakes!! Pay attention to every detail!

A couple of weeks ago I paid a medical bill that was in collections for $590 (I have proof because it's on my bank statement and I have a receipt)! I decided to pay it directly to the hospital and was told that once they report it to the CA they will update my reports. I called the CA to see if they had gotten word of payment yet. The collector said....yes, I see you settled and paid X amount of dollars. I don't remember what her number was but I said NO...I paid the full $590. She corrected herself and said Oh yes, I see it right here, I'm sorry...you paid the full amount. She explained to me that they notified the CRA but had no control over when they would update. Well...that's okay with me as long as I know its in the process of being updated.

I just decided to check credit karma and according to my Equifax report the account is now closed and it reads  "Account paid for less than full balance". Of course its Friday night and everything is closed and I have to wait to contact anyone about this. This is ridiculous because now I'll have to wait even longer just for them to correct this i'm sure.

I'm sharing this only because I want people to make sure they look at everything and not just where it says "paid". What you don't see....potential creditors will and you'll be left wondering why you continue to be denied.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collectors are human and make mistakes!! Pay attention to every detail!

Now Experian is reporting "Reached an agreement with a Lender to repay only part of the original debt" and this alert came from Fico. Bummer. I just called the CA and they said it shows it was reported as PIF. *sigh*

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear lord. I'd be so very upset! I hope you get this resolved come Monday. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

Very aggrivating.. thanks for sharing your experience. Keep us posted

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.