cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

College student willing to do anything to better his FICO score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

College student willing to do anything to better his FICO score.

Hi,

Im a college student wtih 653 FICO score.

I was originally in the mid 710s to low 720s when I only had one CC.

But when I realized the introductory interest rate was over, I found myself applying for multiple 0%introdcutory rate CC simultaneously.

Not knowing the negative effect of multiple inquiries, I thought I was saving good amount of money

After I get 'your FICO score has dropped [x] points' in my email I was afraid to use those cards those cards

Couple months later, I closed all those 0% introdcutory rate cards and get another email with 'Your FICO score has dropped [x] points'

Now, I am planning to purchase a car and lower interest rate on my finance can really hep me out.

I know there is quite a significant amount of interestf difference between 650ish and 710ish

I don't have a stable income because I spend most of my time studying in two different majors.

I pay my tuition with student loans and my parents pay for my living expenses.

Also I have about 7000 of credit card debt ( Paid tuition with my credit card once when I was short on student loan)

What can I do to increase my fico score within the next 6months.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: College student willing to do anything to better his FICO score.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

It looks like I've been doing all the DON'Ts

If I had more knowledge I wouldn't had made this kinda  mistakes

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ham, we can all say that. But you now know that this forum offers an invaluable resource to help improve your credit situation.

Good luck to you. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.