Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast How should I proceed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comcast How should I proceed?

I called Comcast today because I have a collection from them for $300 which I know is not possible. They very nice lady I spoke to told me I have a $zero balance for my 5+ yr old account but I did not return my converter boxes($value $300). I went searching in the storage closet and what do I find 2 converter boxes. She says I can return them and get a receipt. I asked her how do I get the collection removed and she says I need to call the ca and get that done myself. Is this true or shall I follow a different path. Please help thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comcast How should I proceed?

I would return the boxes and get a receipt showing a $0 balance and no equipment charges are due. Then send a CMRRR letter to the CA with a copy of the receipt stating they need to remove the collection. Then dispute it with any CRA showing the collection.
Message 2 of 11
treschic
Frequent Contributor

I was in a similar position as you.  i actually emailed comcast via planetfeedback.com telling them that i would pay in full, if they deleted the ca, and got a call back the same day. she offered that if i could return the boxes, that she would remove from my cr, but someone stole my boxes, so i couldn't return, had no choice to pay the $550. i paid, and received a fax from them stating that the ca was in error, and that it should be removed from my cr's.  this phone number is for the baltimore area though.  they may be able to direct you in the right direction. the person i spoke with is: (edit- this is the credit/collections dept of comcast, not ca)

Maureen Bruff (Comcast administrative offices)

MD/DE Region

Credit & Collections

Regional Supervisor

Office 410-513-3239

Fax 410-9313621

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-01-2008 11:54 AM

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-01-2008 11:56 AM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO......call back & ask who owns the account. If comcast owns it. mail a letter  tell them that you would be more then happy to return the boxes (you did find them but thought they had been returned) In return they would remove any mention of said account from all reporting agencies.

Im sur that they will accept.  Sit back & wait about 30 days & DV the CA  CMRRR
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to a family member.  They told him at the office that they have an "amnesty" program where they will forgive the debt if it is more than 3 years, but that they only do it via phone.  He called and it worked--he's got Comcast cable now.  I don't know if they also deleted from his CR.

Message Edited by lessonlearned on 02-01-2008 11:53 AM
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

angie, can I bother you for some more details?

aww heck I'll do it anyway...........

1) Did you get this in writing?

2) How did you make your payment? (over the phone)

3) And finally, have you been able to get it off your report as promised?

4) What steps exactly did you take with regards to the CA. (I'm in the same exact boat)

Muchas Gracias!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And why the hell can't I access the planetfeedback site? is it down or something?

or do I need to know the seCReT handshake to get in?

Message Edited by bobgr on 02-01-2008 02:12 PM
Message 7 of 11
treschic
Frequent Contributor

yes, the comcast representative faxed me a letter stating that the collection was a mistake on their behalf, and for the cra's to remove it. (i don't think the general csr can do this, i had to speak to the credit/collection dept)  i haven't contacted the ca, but was told that they would do that.  she said it may take 4 weeks for it to be removed, if not i can fax the letter to the cra's or call her, to have it immediatly removed.  i paid by credit card over the phone.  I only recently did it yesterday.

ps. i think the planetfeedback site must be down.  i tried it too, and its not coming up.  sorry :-( what state is this from?

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-01-2008 12:37 PM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANKS!!!!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have taken care of it. Here's how I did it:

I Googled comcast and found a site that listed this as the nationwide complaint center
Comcast Cellular Communications
1500 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19102-2100
(215)665-1700

I gave them a call and said I need to speak to someone about a collection from Comcast Cable on my CR because the local CSR are not very helpful and the accout is 5+ years old. I spoke to a lady named Renee who after 20 minutes of searching was able to pull up the collection and confirm that it was for the converter boxes. She then opened a ticket to monitor the progress of the account so as soon as the boxes are returned they will notify the CA to stop reporting and will mail me a letter indicating the removal. She also gave me her direct line to call her as soon as I return them so that there is no delay in having my collection deleted.

Message Edited by litchloath1 on 02-01-2008 04:21 PM
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.