Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast unauthorized hard credit pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comcast unauthorized hard credit pull

Not directlay related to your issue but from my dealings with Comcast in the past, I've come to one conclusion: They are the Devil.  Nothing evil that they do surprises me.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,I know this is an older Post but I'd totally like to reply and help.I personally DO have an account with Comcast and have for 4 years.This past Febuary they pulled my credit.I am trying to get Inquires removed from my credit so I sent a letter to the address on my account from the hard pull.I simply stated I needed proof I authorized this and within 30 days.Less than a week later I recieved a call stating they would investigate it then the next day I got a call stating they would be removing it within 30 days.Old fashioned but letter work wonders instead of calls and they show you mean business! LOL best of luck

Message 12 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,I know this is an older Post but I'd totally like to reply and help.I personally DO have an account with Comcast and have for 4 years.This past Febuary they pulled my credit.I am trying to get Inquires removed from my credit so I sent a letter to the address on my account from the hard pull.I simply stated I needed proof I authorized this and within 30 days.Less than a week later I recieved a call stating they would investigate it then the next day I got a call stating they would be removing it within 30 days.Old fashioned but letter work wonders instead of calls and they show you mean business! LOL best of luck

What address did you send the letter to?

Message 13 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Glad it worked for you in your situation, but be aware that issues pertaining to credit inquiries are specifically exempted from the direct dispute process, and they have no obligation to treat as a dispute of conduct an investigation.  Parties seeking your credit report are not furnishers of information, and thus inquires are excluded from the direct dispute process.  16 CFR 660.4(f).

Any such letters are strictly informal communications.... actually no more than a good will request.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I looked at whatever credit report it's on and there should be an address listed under comcast....Otherwise if there's not just google a comcast corporate address in your state on in general.Sorry

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.