Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare creditsesame with experian fico score

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Compare creditsesame with experian fico score

My score hasnt updated in months so I have no clue what mine even is lol.

Message 11 of 18
xolebra

My CreditSesame = 698

My Experian = 711

The truth is out there?

Who's right?

If, of course, Experian is, then where the hell CreditSesame takes that number?

Started with no credit history 10/2012; currently: EX:728, TU:682, EQ:708

Message 12 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

My Credit Sesame score has been in the same range as the Walmart TU score and EQ score from here (before it updated today).  Waiting to see what it is after it updates soon.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 18
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Both scores are from the beginning of September:

creditsesame: 750

EX04 FICO (PSECU): 726

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 14 of 18
redshoes
Established Member

I just had a HUGE spike on CreditSesame, so I pulled my EX FICO. CS says 738, EX FICO is 654, which is where it was when I pulled it earlier in the month. I'm expecting a bump on all my scores in about a week when a new card makes its second report (saw a minor dip on EX/EQ (Chase card) when it first reported, which was expected — currently have 3 INQs on EX and EQ, 1 on TU). CS dive was the biggest (I pulled all my FICOs last month). CK actually jumped last month — no surprise, since TU didn't pull. It reported on the closing date, rather than on the payment date, which took me by surprise, leaving my util about 30% instead of my normally cultivated 7%. I'm curious about this giant spike on CS, as well as the huge disparity between what it's reporting and my actual EX FICO. Also curious to see if it'll remotely accurately reflect the bump I'll see this month once everything reports at 7% util. I'll update this with my findings.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit sesame score says its a 665 just updated recently (within the last 2 weeks) by myfico.com says transunion 582, experian 586, equifax 579. I don't get why such a difference. I am concerned because I have only 3 open credit cards that are paid on time and I am looking to get an auto loan. Any advice would be helpful and any ideas as to why the difference would be great to.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My creditsesame score is 720 amd my EX fico is 681. Fakos can be dead on but that's just a coincidence if they are. My CK score is listed at 638 but my TU fico is 691. I wouldn't put much weight in any fako even if some people tell you theirs was exact. 

Message 17 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't get why such a difference.

Different scoring models will produce different results.  You can't rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a completely different model even if both models are FICO's.  This is a very common topic so don't overlook other discussions on scoring and models.  There is also an Undersanding FICO Scoring subforum that you can reference.

@Anonymous wrote:

I am concerned because I have only 3 open credit cards that are paid on time and I am looking to get an auto loan.  

Some creditors use auto enhanced scoring models for auto loans.  I'm not aware of any source where you can obtain such scores so you really can't rely on specific numbers.  You really need to consider the data in your reports.  The two biggest factors involved in scoring are Payment History and Utilization (Amounts Owed):

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

If you have derogs then hit the Rebuilding subforuim and see what you can do to address them as they are likely killing your Payment History regardless of whatever positive payment history you've been building recently.  If your utilization isn't in check then get it down and optimize and ensure that updated balances are reporting prior to applying.

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't put much weight in any fako even if some people tell you theirs was exact. 

It's not just a matter of FAKO versus FICO but any differences in scoring models.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.