Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compucredit......

tag
hailey22
Established Member

Compucredit......

I was looking at my wifes TU report and they make an inquiry every month. Who are they and what are all the inquiries for?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Compucredit......

Soft or hard INQ?

Looks like they own Aspire and Emerge CCs.

Message 2 of 7
hailey22
Established Member

soft. I just looked again and Portfolio recovery does the same thing but they are a hard inq. Can I stop them from doing this?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

multiple hard inquiries from these ca's are bs and should be illegal.  sure, a peek every now and then should be permissible; however, everyone knows what they are doing pulling hard every month.  let's sue them.
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
multiple hard inquiries from these ca's are bs and should be illegal.  sure, a peek every now and then should be permissible; however, everyone knows what they are doing pulling hard every month.  let's sue them.

OP said they were soft in which case I wouldn't worry too much. You could call and ask why they are pulling, but I doubt you have any legal recourse.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hailey22 wrote:
soft. I just looked again and Portfolio recovery does the same thing but they are a hard inq. Can I stop them from doing this?

Does Portfolio have a TL on your CRs?

Message 6 of 7
renov8r
Established Member

I think they handle my BankFirst Action Card.  I didn't recognize them and challenged the account.  I turns out it was mine...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.