Valued Contributor
Boswd

Re: Confession Good for the Soul?

Hmmmm do you have a rough idea of how much the total debt is?
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

not really considering a BK, just trying to clean up my mistakes. In my mind and this instance IMHO a BK is cheating, I did it, now I gotta fix it. I can live with my scores this low. I pay cash for everything anyway. But am trying to do the grown up responsible thing. And take care of my mistakes, even if it hurts.
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

[ Edited ]

Boswd wrote:

Not including the child support probably only about 6k. That is another reason BK is not an option, it is just not that much money. But it is more than I have access to.

Message Edited by jaguls66 on 06-27-2007 12:12 PM
Valued Contributor
Boswd

take it one collection at a time.   do some lifestyle changes.   Buy groceries with coupons, buy store brand items,    If you have a cable modem downgrade to dial up,   if you cable TV down grade to the basic or just get rid of it all together,  get rid of a phone if you have both cell and landline  many ways to save a buck

Good luck to you and just remember take it one collection at a time.  I would start with the smallest one first and work your way up using the snowball method.   All I would be doing my reputation an injustice if I didn't recommend  Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Good luck.
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Boswd wrote:
take it one collection at a time.   do some lifestyle changes.   Buy groceries with coupons, buy store brand items,    If you have a cable modem downgrade to dial up,   if you cable TV down grade to the basic or just get rid of it all together,  get rid of a phone if you have both cell and landline  many ways to save a buck

Good luck to you and just remember take it one collection at a time.  I would start with the smallest one first and work your way up using the snowball method.   All I would be doing my reputation an injustice if I didn't recommend  Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Good luck.

Always buy groceris with coupons, or B1G1 free. DISH is part of the rent in my efficincy apt. as well as util., only have a cell for 5yrs or so. Cut every corner imaginable and am slowly getting it under control.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Are the revolving accounts good or bad?

Are the collections and chargeoffs paid or unpaid?

What state are you in (that way I can tell you what the SOL is)?

Have you pulled all 3 CRs, not just your FICO scores?

Anything that's current, keep it current. If you have to make a Hobson's Choice, pay a collection or pay to keep a current account current, keep the current account current.

Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Are the revolving accounts good or bad?

Are the collections and chargeoffs paid or unpaid?

What state are you in (that way I can tell you what the SOL is)?

Have you pulled all 3 CRs, not just your FICO scores?

Anything that's current, keep it current. If you have to make a Hobson's Choice, pay a collection or pay to keep a current account current, keep the current account current.

All of them are bad, not paid off. except the Child Support. I am in AL and the SOL is 3yrs i believe. Only have 1 that I may be able to rescue on revolving before collecions gets it, I am trying to work something out with them now. I have opened 1 secured 300 CC, and another before long. Maybe next month.
Valued Contributor
Boswd

jaguls66 wrote:

Boswd wrote:

Not including the child support probably only about 6k. That is another reason BK is not an option, it is just not that much money. But it is more than I have access to.

Oh Ok that's not earth shattering, you can definitly do it.   And time does heal all wounds.
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Boswd wrote:

jaguls66 wrote:

Boswd wrote:

Oh Ok that's not earth shattering, you can definitly do it.   And time does heal all wounds.

If you don't bleed to death from them first.
Valued Contributor
Boswd

are you familiar with the snowball effect on paying down debt?  IMHO  it is fantastic and it works

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+