Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confessions of a Fico-Addict.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confessions of a Fico-Addict.

Alright, I gotta confess all so I can sleep peacefully tonight.
I race home from work every day in order to check my Truecredit scores.
I write them down everyday to compare with the next days scores.
I have spent every friday and saturday night for the past two months reading these boards.
I drive all my friends over the edge with my constant fico talk (to the point that a few of them now want  me to help fix their credit)
I stopped buying those $5 to $10 daily lunches with co-workers and now apply that toward savings and credit cards. (that's really a lot of $$$ per month when you think about it)
I actually went back to clipping coupons (lol)
and wow...so many other changes.

When I started this venture back in May...My highest score was EQ at 630... Last I checked my actual FICO's here, I was at TU=658, EQ 678, EX=666 on 6-20.
I haven't checked back due to so many changes occuring, but will do so when all the changes have been made. (Those $15 dollars add up fast).
Well today, my FAKO's are TU=679 (with one deletion coming off any day now..it's already off the other two....EQ=699!!! and EX=678...a few more accounts to be added to all to drop util to 9% now at 19%...I AM SO DARN EXCITED!!!! If my friends don't have me locked up....I hope to see 720 SOON!!!

Many thanks to you all for your assistance, words of inspiration, kindness, motivation, and advice (even when you didn't know I was around).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confessions of a Fico-Addict.

Congrats - all your hard work is paying off!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!
You're doing really good actually.  But you already know that.

you've set a goal and you can see that you're getting there, that's why you're so excited and "obsessed with your fico"...keep it up.
Message 3 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

that is awesome  great job!!!!!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you hit 720, the beer's on me!Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 8
annah618
Established Member

Congratulations! It feels good, doesn't it? 1 year ago my score was in the upper 500-low 600's... now it's TU 684, EQ&EX 664.

I probably won't see much change anymore though... except for one paid collections that I'm trying to get deleted all I can do now is maintain... let my accounts age and continue paying on time & keeping balances low. Steady growth is good, but is sure is exciting to see those big changes when you get stuff fixed.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I probably won't see much change anymore though... except for one paid collections that I'm trying to get deleted all I can do now is maintain... let my accounts age and continue paying on time & keeping balances low. Steady growth is good, but is sure is exciting to see those big changes when you get stuff fixed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What about  applying the http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=5662 ?  The NewWorldMan CC utility play? That might speed things up, and at least keep you proactive while you wait for that score to rise.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cute, Cute, Cute!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.