Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confessions...of a credit geek

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Confessions...of a credit geek

pjxf99 wrote:
Wait, where can you see your util % on TC? I only ever look at scores/reports, and that's all. I must investigate more.

Sorry for the confusion.... it's not on TC, but it is on EQ
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since finding MyFico, I have become obssessed about my credit. I am constantly checking or thinking of ways to lower UTIL etc. My coworker thinks I am crazy but she has her own quirks so she understands my obssession a bit.

You know it's sad that you count down the days until your CC are suppose to report to the CRA and then get upset that they don't show up on your report until days later. Or you pay your account 3 times in one reporting period so that the UTIL will look good on your report.

I am just thankful for the boards and all the contributers.

Message Edited by JDeans on 06-15-2008 10:35 AM
Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

If we had Michael Moore or Morgan Spurlock do a documentary on the CRA's, FICO scores, FAKO scores and how many credit reports have errors, that would open up thousands of new converts.

I myself was at a supermarket the other day, wondering how many of these people have a clue as to what a "FICO score" even is........
Message 43 of 47
mrlimo
Regular Contributor

Boscoe wrote:
If we had Michael Moore or Morgan Spurlock do a documentary on the CRA's, FICO scores, FAKO scores and how many credit reports have errors, that would open up thousands of new converts.

I myself was at a supermarket the other day, wondering how many of these people have a clue as to what a "FICO score" even is........

How many know what it even is, I am sure alot know what it is. Everytime they apply for anything, first thing you hear is we'll pull your credit. I would think the better question would be, how many people understand the system and care enough to as the forums refer to it as GARDEN your score.

Message 44 of 47
Scamp
Valued Contributor

I won't really start to worry about myself or any of us unless/until we start holding myFICO conventions IRL, inviting the guys from the "F-R-E-E that spells free" commercials to them to sign our credit reports and being breathless with excitement about meeting them, and/or petitioning Barry to set up 'myFICO Match' for the single FICO fanatics.  Smiley Very Happy

I think we're safe 'til then.... Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL! The credit score dating game! All credit compatibility questions.

"You receive a $500 windfall. Do you a) pay off your highest interest card, b) take a vacation--free money! or c) invest in a high yield savings bond?"

"Frank and Lola, the two of you can rebuild your credit, and then build your dream home!"

"Sam and Jane, your stellar credit will have you seeing stars....in beautiful Tahiti!"

*cue cheesy music*

Message 46 of 47
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

I'm gonna go broke pulling scores.  Heaven help me if I get a positive response to my latest GW.

4/26/08:Exp: 641 Eq:538 TU:567
5/06/08:Exp: 658 Eq:567

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.