cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming Identity Questions? Dispute These Questions?

tag
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

Confirming Identity Questions? Dispute These Questions?

These questions where they are trying to confirm my identify to access a dispute or a credit report; where are they getting these questions because some of them are ridiculous and I don't know the answers.

They are not on any of my main three CRAs.

One question is;

Where does 'biological dad' live? (It used his real name) Don't know this question nor do I care...honestly spoke this person twice.

Another question was:

Where does 'first wife' live or own property? (Used real name) This was a young mistake that I did when I was 18 at the court house, we was married for a few months, and nothing was applied for together, hell we didn't even know what credit was. More than a decade since I spoke to this person!

Where is this information being pulled? I already pulled Innovis, Transunion, Equifax, Experian. Next, I'll try Lexus Nexis, unless someone else has an idea

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confirming Identity Questions? Dispute These Questions?

My answer to the first one would be in a cemetery.

Message 2 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Those are some strange questions I've never seen before, Interesting.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Contact whoever it is that is trying to confirm your identity.  The source could be one of the secondary CRA's.

Message 4 of 7
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Contact whoever it is that is trying to confirm your identity.  The source could be one of the secondary CRA's.

Not sure that would solve my issue. Because like the question concerning a wife from 10+ years ago, asking where she lives now.

That question was from Transunion. Transunion could not be the source.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you contact TransUnion, they are obligated under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to tell you what service they used to look up your information.

Message 6 of 7
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you contact TransUnion, they are obligated under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to tell you what service they used to look up your information.

I have looked into this, and there seems to be no validity into this statement.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.