Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting Credit Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conflicting Credit Scores

This isn't really a problem..but I would just like to know some other people's opinions on the matter:

I've been preparing to get a mortgage so I've been checking my fico scores and credit reports from all three...TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. And as most of you know, to get your "credit score", you have to pay some fee...whatever that may be. My credit isnt great but I was getting worried when the my three credit scores came back: TU: 591, Experian: 620, Equifax 600. I decided to go to my mortgage broker anyway to see what I could do and also because my fiance is also on the loan and she has 800's for all her scores. When he pulled my credit, my scores came back as: TU: 655, Equifax: 675 and Experian: 693.
Thats a huge jump from the scores I payed to see and the scores that were pulled by my broker...whats going on here????!!!

Thanks,
JP
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Conflicting Credit Scores

Where did you pull the scores from? If you did not pull them from here or directly from the cra sites...my understanding is they are not actual FICO's..but FAKO's...
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were pulled directly from Experian, Transunion and Equifax...so definately FICO
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

JPD05 wrote:
They were pulled directly from Experian, Transunion and Equifax...so definately FICO

You're mistaken... EQ and MyFICO are the ONLY Classic FICOs available on the net... EX and TU sell FAKOSs...

Sorry.

Take Cre.

Rob
Message 4 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Check out the scoring 101 thread (see my sig).
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There ya go...I do it the easy way and get my scores from here. It can all be so confusing...
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok...so im mistaken on those two...but that doesnt explain the EQ score....what I want to know is why are we paying for scores that are differant than what is pulled from our credit?
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

See for yourself... Google "True FICO Score"

I'm having some difficulty believing the EQ 675 score you reported seeing from the Lender if you truly got the score from EQ it would have been nearly identical to the brokers number.

My $.02
Message 8 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

"Credit Score" is a generic term... The credit scores lenders see are FICO. Your FICOs can be purchased here. These are the only scores you should care about.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the same thing...but its a form you actually have to sign in the mortage documents...clearly lists that credit scores as reported by the CRA...
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.