Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confronting My Fears

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confronting My Fears

Last year I disputed my foreclosure/PR (2 entries) on all 3 CRAs. They were all removed from my CRs. Great. Then a month or so later both entries pop up again but only on EX. Bummer.

I'd always been afraid to really deal with this issue, and I don't have the complete official records of my own for reference.

The FC/PR was issued in another state so I can't just go there to get the records myself. I'd been planning to call and try to get the records but kept putting it off, still have some self-esteem issues about the dang FC thing and was really fearful and even embarrassed about calling about it.

In order to get the CRAs reporting accurately and to be in a position to deal with future lenders, I need the documentation. So...

Today I finally called the courthouse. They are to make notarized copies of everything & mail them to me. Whew! And, hey, the nice folks at the courthouse were very pleasant.

One step forward.   
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confronting My Fears

I am struggling with some irrational fears myself. for some reason i'm totally intimidated by the idea of filing complaints with FTC and AG. I think it's because in my heart of hearts, I know they won't do anything to help me, and I don't want to face the disappointment. Kudos to you for making the leap. I hope it works out for you!
Message 2 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Good step Anderson Smiley Happy

Regarding EX, did you look into the re-insertion aspects?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

orhippychic, thanks. No fears here re- FTC & AG. Have filed complaints with both. Can't tell you they will help you but if an entity is breaking laws it is one step you can take. The more complaints made, the more likely they are to intervene. In addition to any help they may provide, it's a feel-good measure, so do it.

SmartCookie- No, did not persue the reinsertion. The FC deal hammered me pretty good and my  psyche is still hurting from it. When EX began reporting it again I just let it go. Once I get the full documentation maybe I'll fight them on it. 
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, Anderson, don't you do aerobatics? If you can do a Lomcovak (or even pronounce it!), you can do this.

Me, I turn green at departure stalls. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.