Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about EQ dispute results.

tag
babypanda
Established Member

Confused about EQ dispute results.

I filed a dispute about the charge off on my EQ credit report last week. Today I received an email saying they completed the investigation and had a confirmation number for me to log in and view the results. I logged in and click on check status, entered my info and it said there are no pending disputes on your credit files at this time. So what happened to the one filed, I mean I understand it was completed so how do I find out the results?? I clicked on start a new dispute so I can seems credit file that way but it says now fax us your drivers license???
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
babypanda
Established Member

Re: Confused about EQ dispute results.

Omg sorry about the typos. Im on my phone and was rushing and some words seem to have been wrongly autocorrected. And I don't know how to edit on mobile. Sorry.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Confused about EQ dispute results.

Formal termination of a dispute is by way of sending of the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which provides their finding.

When you filed the dispute, did you authorize the CRA to communicate the results to you electronically?

If so, you must call them and explain your difficultly in obtaining their notice of results electronically.

If you did not specifically authoriize electronic transmission of the Notice of REsults, they are required to mail it within 5 business days after concluding their reinvestigation.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.