Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about FICO Scores

tag
CGame
New Contributor

Confused about FICO Scores

Hi...got another question... I ended up ordering that TrueCredit monitoring service on transunion's site for all 3 scores. Why are they so off from my FICO scores?? True Credit: TU-587/EX-550/EQ-660 FICO: TU-597/EX-641/EQ-651 That's a drastic difference!!! Anyone have any insight on which are the most accurate? That EX score a 91 point difference between the 2. Who's legit and who's not? I find this kind of odd. Also, I see where Hooters card is BK friendly. I already have 6 inquiries on TU which is who they will pull. Is it wise to apply, or wait til I "push" some of those inquiries off? I need another card, however, I don't need another inquiry...lol. EX & EQ have no inquiries on them except 1. What do you all suggest?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confused about FICO Scores

CGame wrote:
Hi...got another question... I ended up ordering that TrueCredit monitoring service on transunion's site for all 3 scores. Why are they so off from my FICO scores?? True Credit: TU-587/EX-550/EQ-660 FICO: TU-597/EX-641/EQ-651 That's a drastic difference!!! Anyone have any insight on which are the most accurate? That EX score a 91 point difference between the 2. Who's legit and who's not? I find this kind of odd. Also, I see where Hooters card is BK friendly. I already have 6 inquiries on TU which is who they will pull. Is it wise to apply, or wait til I "push" some of those inquiries off? I need another card, however, I don't need another inquiry...lol. EX & EQ have no inquiries on them except 1. What do you all suggest?

Welcome! Your true scores are the ones from myfico.com (the ones lenders see). The scores from TC are FAKOs and should be ignored.
Message 2 of 5
CGame
New Contributor

HAHAHA...FAKO! Thank you for that fast reply. I was really puzzled about that. So, as far as applying for the Hooters card, should I go for it? I looked on creditboards.com & on here where they recommend them if you have a BK on your CR. But with me having 6 TU inquiries, is that wise? All 6 were from 2006. OUCH! I wish they pulled from the other 2 b/c I don't have but 1 on there. What you guys think?
Message 3 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would probably pass until you are low to mid 600s. But six inquires is not too bad. So go for it if you feeling lucky. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
CGame
New Contributor

I agree Tuscani, I think I better let that TU score rise up some. Thanks for the response!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.