Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about scores

tag
johnwantsahouse
Contributor

Confused about scores

Ive been buying my reports/scores on here. I got a score watch alert the other day that I'm at 602. I got another today about a remarks change saying I'm still at 602. I applied for home depot and when I called in, the guy told me my FICO score is a 535 with equifax. I asked him if he was sure cause I buy from myfico and he says those are really fako and they pull FICO and mine is 535. I bought a new FICO right after to confirm and it's showing 601. Are these real FICO?
Current Score:EQ-660 (FICO) / TU-677 (FICO) (3/10/14)
6/8/12 Score:EQ-640 / TU-650 / EX-656 (All FICO Lender Pulls 6/8/12)
6/5/12 Score:EQ-640 / TU-638 / EX-656 (All FICO Lender Pulls 6/5/12)
6/1/12 Score:EQ-640 (FICO) / TU-618 (FICO) /EX-670 (FAKO)
Starting Score:EQ-542 TU-574 (4/30/2012)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Confused about scores

Yes, these are real FICO scores.

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It could be that HD/Citi is using a CC-enhanced FICO.

Message 3 of 7
Hortilux
Valued Member

Ya pretty much every score is a fake, just an general indication of where your at. There are like 10 different ficos it seems.
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FICO licenses literally dozens of different scoring algorithms, based on the needs/requests of its customers.

Each CRA has its own customized version, as do various industry-specific markets, such as auto loans, insurance underwriting, mortage, medical, etc.

Their are various version updates that some creditors choose to use, and others dont.

Each of those, in turn, has its own internal variations due to different characteristics of the consumer credit file that it is being applied to ("rebucketing").

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be they also use their own internal algorithm, not unheard of. But, you are entitled to a copy of the report - I'd check it out to see why they dinged you.

Message 6 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

You see more consistency with regards to fico scoring in mortgage industry as loans are mostly packaged up and sold. As such a standard approach is needed judge all loans. Hence fico themselves are having problems getting fico 8 models getting adopted in mortgage industry. Eq fico score sold here will be most consistent with what you would see from mortgage lender pulling eq. CC companies have all sorts of internal variations of fico as they typically own the debt themselves.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.