Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by score...fico eq & eq

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused by score...fico eq & eq

Recently I checked myfico for my score and its FICO EQ: 668 but when I check my Equifax score directly with Equifax it says: 561

Also, I tried to apply for an AMEX GREEN and got declined, AMEX said my Equifax Fico score was 521...I am so confused.

I wrote AMEX for reconsideration and included the 668 myfico.com EQ report. Waiting for their response.

Any myfico.com response is welcomed too Smiley Happy Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Confused by score...fico eq & eq

EQ is probably not selling you their FICO score but their own score.  Some lenders/creditors do use other scores.  myFICO is a real FICO score.  There are different versions of FICO which vary between the versions.

Message 2 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

On Equifax.com when you hit update score you have the preference of getting EQ FICO Score for i believe $19.99. FYI Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Recently I checked myfico for my score and its FICO EQ: 668 but when I check my Equifax score directly with Equifax it says: 561

Also, I tried to apply for an AMEX GREEN and got declined, AMEX said my Equifax Fico score was 521...I am so confused.

I wrote AMEX for reconsideration and included the 668 myfico.com EQ report. Waiting for their response.

Any myfico.com response is welcomed too Smiley Happy Thanks

Equifax.com sells a FAKO and a FICO. The scores they push is a FAKO and that can account for the difference.

Amex might be using a CC-enhanced EQ FICO. Are you sure it was EQ though? They usually mostly pull EX.

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.