Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused on Lack of Score Increase

I got a CLI from $500 to $1000 and balance of only $86

I got a CLI from $250 to $500 and balance of only $56

All reporting new amounts and balances.

Not one score increase????

Nothing else new on reports for months.

Can someone explain, I am really disapointed.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused on Lack of Score Increase

Are you saying no score increase because you haven't gotten any alerts or becuase you updated your scores and they remain the same?

Also, are you looking at your FAKO or FICO?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have updated my reports almost daily looking for a score increase.

I check my True credit daily.  I know this is FACO, but I would think it would give me some idea of what the FICO woud do.

Nothing budged.

Last pull of FICO was beginning of month.

Any ideas
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

kmcmillan wrote:
I check my True credit daily.  I know this is FACO, but I would think it would give me some idea of what the FICO woud do.

It won't.

You are well advised to ignore any and all FAKOs completely.

Message 4 of 10
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

It may take a while for it to show up - I know I had some changes that would increase my CL and my score went down and then it went up - but I started this in February and I saw the results this month.... not sure what you will see because I did a BT with a 0% card and a $15,000 CL and did CLI on three credit cards...
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar

I realize that these scores are useless in the real world, but I certainly thought that if they increased then I could expect an increase on FICO as well.

Am I thinking wrong?

I was just trying to use TC as a sorta gauge for things.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

kmcmillan wrote:
Cheddar

I realize that these scores are useless in the real world, but I certainly thought that if they increased then I could expect an increase on FICO as well.

Am I thinking wrong?

I was just trying to use TC as a sorta gauge for things.

Thanks.

In my experience, TC scores are not even useful for estimating the direction one's FICOs are moving.  Here's why:

Have you ever noticed the section on the TC reports that gives you "advice" on how to improve your "score"?  The advice you receive on those reports is often horrible advice that is counterproductive to improving one's FICO.

So, assuming that a certain action would theoretically improve one's TC score and would at the same time hurt one's FICO, we can't assume that if one's TC scores are moving in one direction, then the FICOs are moving the same way.

Here's an example:  TC tells me I need to open a new CC account to improve my TU score.  This is all well and good, but I already have 10 accounts less than a year old.  FICO would smack me if I opened a new account right now.  My TU report from myFICO is already scolding me for having too many total accounts as it is!  So, if I take TC's word for it, then opening a new account will help my TU score on TC, but I know for a fact it would hurt my TU FICO.

If I opened a new account, I couldn't assume that my TU FICO would be moving in the same direction as my TU TC score.  This is true at any time, because the two scoring algorithms look at different factors in their scoring calculations.

Having said all of the above, I am a TC subscriber, because they have the best 3-in-1 reports I've seen.

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-18-2008 08:03 AM
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the explanantion.  Obviously I didn't understand how that works.

To tell the truth, I never paid any attention to the advice on TC, I mostly take advice right here from the forums.

I did think that my DH needed another card though.  He had one visa for 700 cl and one JC penney for a 200 cl.

He just applied and got a home depot with a 3000 limit.  That shoudl help right?
Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Since Jan/Feb timeframe, if my TC FAKOs go up, my FICOs have gone down and vice-versa. At one point I too was adamant that they grew concurrently.
Message 9 of 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

km........yes, you are thinking wrong. FAKO's are 100% completely, totally  and utterly useless.  Just because a FAKO rises, or drops, that does not mean your FICO will do the same.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.