Consolidation Loan or Personal Loan for Non-Homeowner

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consolidation Loan or Personal Loan for Non-Homeowner

Hi

Husband's FICO:  688
My FICO:  657

We do not own our home (we don't pay rent either ... we've been given "lifetime rights" to our house ... needless to say, we aren't going anywhere!    Smiley Tongue

Over the past 4 years, we've accumulated some credit cards, bought a few toys (2 4-wheelers, one of which is paid off in full and the other is being financed). 

A little over a year ago, we opted for a personal loan from BoA to pay off some debt, which we did and - - - drum roll, please   Woman Sad  accumulated more debt from credit cards ... go ahead, slap my hand!

Anyway ... we have good credit, have no charge-offs, absolutely no late payments and have never filed BK, so here is my question ...

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to where we can go to get an unsecured loan for someone who doesn't have any collateral? 

To pay everything off and have just one payment, we would need $60K. 

Last Tuesday, we were approved at our local credit union for $30K, but the finance charge was really high and I wasn't happy with the terms, so I wrote them a nice letter explaining the reasons we chose not to accept the loan. 

Granted, $30K would have paid the BoA loan off, the 4-wheeler and some credit cards, but not everything that we'd like to include in the total - and our total monthly payment at the bank would have been more than we're paying monthly currently and we'd still have a few remaining debts.  

(It makes it easy (well, not necessarily easy, but you get my drift ... for those who own a home, I believe ... where one can refinance and pay those accumulated debts off.)

Thank you for your time ... I look forward to reading your replies Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consolidation Loan or Personal Loan for Non-Homeowner

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.