Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consolidation loan

Hey guys

My GF has great credit but we looked at it a few times and came to the conclusion that a consolidation loan will get her to 800.

What are some great credit unions to go with? If we were to go with something like lendingtree or Prosper, will it reflect negative on her credit since they almost specialze in consolidations?

Opinions..

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consolidation loan

no it wouldnt look negative on her credit, however, you will get a better interest rate from the credit union. As far as what credit union to go with...that depends on what credit unions you qualify for membership with, and what credit report you are wanting the credit union to pull...Corporate America Credit Union is open to anyone if you join an organization and they pull TransUnion, and if you qualify for membership Navy Federal Credit Union pulls equifax and is easy to get approved through. I know there are a few credit unions out there that pull experian, however, I am not members of any of those so maybe someone else can chime in about that. And FYI you can always call any credit union and just as what credit report they pull for lending, and they will tell you. Good Luck!!

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sofi by far has the best rates available but the downside is they are one of the slowest to go through the approval process.

Loanme

Avant

are a couple other good options and you can check them all for the amount you can be approved for and the rate you can be approved for with just a sp... they will do hp if you decide to move forward and accept the loan.  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Sofi by far has the best rates available but the downside is they are one of the slowest to go through the approval process.

Loanme

Avant

are a couple other good options and you can check them all for the amount you can be approved for and the rate you can be approved for with just a sp... they will do hp if you decide to move forward and accept the loan.  

Lower than 6.2%? That's the APR on my Promise Financial loan.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Warning about Loanme. I decided to check them out. Three times it produced a message that stated it was taking too long to pull my credit report, provided a phone number, and said to call a representative. Item one: It produced that message within seconds, so I find it unlikely that they were actually pulling a report. Item two: Within a half hour they started calling me on the phone. Two calls so far.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to kno thanks. I'll check sofi out. How about just a good ol credit union? Or are they a little stingy in giving out con.loans

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@t9alejandro wrote:

Good to kno thanks. I'll check sofi out. How about just a good ol credit union? Or are they a little stingy in giving out con.loans

CUs are a great place to get such loans and they will typically give you one at lower Ficos than a commercial bank will. I would start with your locals and see what they offer then check out some national ones such as Penfed, DCU, Navy Fed (If you qualify to get in), NASA.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.