Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer disputes this info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer disputes this info

I have a question about disputes.  I have a an account that has a DOLA of 2001.  Its paid in full but has has a late 60 on it.  I disputed that it was never late twice now over the past year.  In the description it says consumer disputes this account.  Is this something that will always be there until if falls off?  Its been there alot longer then 30 days.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consumer disputes this info

If "Consumer disputes" is still present after the investigation is completed it is no longer being factored in to the FICO scoring.

Exceptions to this are: Utilization, Avg age, Collections and Public Records.

If you did not dispute based on an annual credit report (they get 45 days then) call the CRA up and ask why the late has not been removed yet?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

rbenson11 wrote:
I have a an account that has a DOLA of 2001.  Its paid in full but has has a late 60 on it.

From what month and year are they showing the late?

Message 3 of 6
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If "Consumer disputes" is still present after the investigation is completed it is no longer being factored in to the FICO scoring.

Exceptions to this are: Utilization, Avg age, Collections and Public Records.

If you did not dispute based on an annual credit report (they get 45 days then) call the CRA up and ask why the late has not been removed yet?

This is interesting, because I have two "consumer disputes" on all three CRAs that have been up there since an investigation request from last February, do mean to say these don't factor into my FICO scoring at all?

And I should be asking that they be removed from TU and EX if they've been on the dispute status for... 8 months!?!?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I have these too.  My issue is though, its on ca accounts and have been there since FEB of this year.  Can we have them removed if no one has been able to do anything with it.  I have DV some things but haven't heard anything or the credit agencies come back with the ugly word "verified"
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA's are a whole different animal- I would call the CRA and ask why they have not been removed.

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep, I have these too. My issue is though, its on ca accounts and have been there since FEB of this year. Can we have them removed if no one has been able to do anything with it. I have DV some things but haven't heard anything or the credit agencies come back with the ugly word "verified"

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.