cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumers Adjustment Company- Can a CA report as CO acct.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumers Adjustment Company- Can a CA report as CO acct.

I updated TC last night..........nothing unusual. I have been updating everyday.

Tonite I signed up for CreditKeeper and they are showing an account on my EQ report that I have no clue who it is or where it came from. I am guessing they are a CA as I've never heard from them.
Where it shows payment history, all it show is CO for January.

I've never heard from these people and have NO clue what this is. I googled them and find them listed as being in STL, MO and Jefferson City, MO. I also found one place where they collect for healthcare debts. Another place where they collect for insurance.

I have 3 outstanding healthcare bills. One I am making payments to OC(not reported), the other 2 know when I will be in to pay and none of the amounts are $30, so I know this isn't one of them.

Can a CA report account status as CO?

I know they have to notify within 5 days of re-insertion of an account, do they have to notify of an account being initially placed on the CR?

If only reporting a payment status for January, shouldn't I have seen this on my report before now?

No inq from them or anyone suspicious.

This is so aggravating.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consumers Adjustment Company- Can a CA report as CO acct.

Well, did some checking today. They are a CA and apparently this is from a co-pay from May 2007 from when my daughter was taken to  the urgent care clinic ran by the hospital. I am almost certain that I paid this that day.

However, I called the hospital and they said I could come there and pay but all they will do is have the CA update status to paid. They will not pull back or instruct them to delete.

Where can I read about whychat hipaa that everyone talks about? I googled it and only came up with different forums where other people are talking about it. What is it exactly?

I read that if you pay the OC they can't communicate anything else with the CA regarding the debt because hipaa only allows them to communicate in regards to collecting the debt.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:
I updated TC last night..........nothing unusual. I have been updating everyday.

Tonite I signed up for CreditKeeper and they are showing an account on my EQ report that I have no clue who it is or where it came from. I am guessing they are a CA as I've never heard from them.
Where it shows payment history, all it show is CO for January.

I've never heard from these people and have NO clue what this is. I googled them and find them listed as being in STL, MO and Jefferson City, MO. I also found one place where they collect for healthcare debts. Another place where they collect for insurance.

I have 3 outstanding healthcare bills. One I am making payments to OC(not reported), the other 2 know when I will be in to pay and none of the amounts are $30, so I know this isn't one of them.

Can a CA report account status as CO?

I know they have to notify within 5 days of re-insertion of an account, do they have to notify of an account being initially placed on the CR?

If only reporting a payment status for January, shouldn't I have seen this on my report before now?

No inq from them or anyone suspicious.

This is so aggravating.

A CA does not have PP to pull CR!

In order for a CA to report a CO....the OC must assign the debt or sell it to them!  wait a few days & see if it appears on TC  or you get a letter from them
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far they haven't pulled CR.  OC is willing to accept payment........does that mean they haven't assigned or sold the debt to them?

I found the whychat hipaa letters, I think I am going to send that to the OC and see what happens.

HappyDays wrote:

A CA does not have PP to pull CR!

In order for a CA to report a CO....the OC must assign the debt or sell it to them!  wait a few days & see if it appears on TC  or you get a letter from them

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady__Scarlet   knows much more then I do when it comes to hipaa!!!!!  
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Happy!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.