Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Experian to Protest Fico Score

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Contact Experian to Protest Fico Score

FCRA 609(f))5)(A):

"This subsection shall not be construed to require a consumer reporting agency that distributes scores developed by another person or entity to provide a further explanation of them or to process a dispute arising pursuant ot section 611, except that the consumer reporting agency shall provide the consumer with the name and address and website for contacting the person or entity who developed the score or developed the methodology of the score."

Message 11 of 18
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh ok understood. Oh and BTW HoldingOntoHope how accurate have you personally found Quizzle to be (I noticed it in your siggy).. I have a much higher score on there than I had when I pulled via AMEX about a month ago but I know my credit has been improving but I'm not sure if a 40 point jump is realistic. 

I have no idea if it is even close to my FICO EX score as I haven't seen one in about 14 months. (Lender pull for mortgage). However I believe the number they give me is probably inflated in my case. My EX report closely matches my TU report so I would expect it to be a little below 700 (1 baddie). My EQ report is clean, just hit by AAoA and utilization so slightly above 720.

As with any FAKO scoring and not knowing how their algorithm works YMMV. I think Quizzle wants me to open several more accounts as a recommendation. Knowing how FICO weighs things that would decrease my FICO score (AAoA) as I already have a good mix.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 18
guydiver
Established Contributor

@CreditBob wrote:

I just sent Experian an email to their corporate office. As consumers we do have the right to know why they no longer will do business with Fair Isaac. So I would encourage each member to write them at the below listed address. In addiiton I would like to here from the myfico team what they were told by Experian to why business relations have been called off.

Experian
475 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626-7037

It's all about the Benjamins $$$$, no more, no less.  It's a business.  I personally won't deal with anyone when EX is involved, just exercising my consumer rights. 

Message 13 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@guydiver wrote:

It's all about the Benjamins $$$$, no more, no less.  It's a business.  I personally won't deal with anyone when EX is involved, just exercising my consumer rights. 

That is why my EX report is frozen.

Message 14 of 18
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh ok understood. Oh and BTW HoldingOntoHope how accurate have you personally found Quizzle to be (I noticed it in your siggy).. I have a much higher score on there than I had when I pulled via AMEX about a month ago but I know my credit has been improving but I'm not sure if a 40 point jump is realistic. 

This continues to be a point of confusion.  The question doesn't make any sense.  It's like asking how accurate you find a fahrenheit thermometer to be if you want the temperature in celsius.  The thermometer is perfectly accurate as a measure of temperature.  But it's perfectly horrible as a predicture of the temperature when measured in degrees celsius.  Quizzle gives an accurate score for whatever scoring algorithm it is using.  If you plug the same info in, you are going to get the same score out every time.  But it is by design supposed to give you a different score than FICO.  By design it weighs information differently. 

ETA:  I certainly do not mean to offend.  What I meant is that the question, "Is Quizzle an accurate predictor of your FICO score?" is based on a flawed premise.  Alternative scoring models are not meant to be predictors of FICO scores.  It is possible that someone could come along, crunch lots of data, and try to reverse engineer the FICO algorithm.  Such a person could market their score as a score that would estimate your FICO, and in that context, it would make sense to ask how accurately such a score predicted your FICO score.  But that is not what alternative scoring models are attempting to do.  They are competing models to predict payment default risk.  By their very design, they crunch the data in a credit report differently because they have different views about the importance of that data to risk of future default.  Thus, any information you get from anyone about their FICO score and another score being the same is going to be anecdotal. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 15 of 18
GregB
Valued Contributor

I agree that "how accurate have you personally found Quizzle to be" is a silly question.

It is actually way worse than comparing temperatures in two different scales. You can always convert Celsius to Farenheit by multiplying by 9/5 and adding 32.

Quizzle score is not a direct relationship to any EX FICO since it is a completely different algorithm based upon the same data. Any given change could make one go up and the other one go down.

Message 16 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

The question doesn't make any sense

I agree that "how accurate have you personally found Quizzle to be" is a silly question.

The question asked makes perfect sense and is not silly at all to the person asking it. Let's remember that and try and be a little more supportive.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 18
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Thanks MVV for the reminder. Even some of us who have been around the boards for a while can sometimes ask what seems to be a "Silly" question.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.