Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact by CA after they receive DV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact by CA after they receive DV

I sent out a DV to Cavalry earlier this week.

Keep in mind I have NEVER heard anything on this debt........via mail or telephone.

Today my wife answers the phone and there is a computer call saying "We are looking for .......... If this is you press 1, if not you but lives there press 2, if not at this number hang up and call........."

Only thing is they didn't say no name.........so my wife presses 2.......someone answers and says something......coughs......and hangs up. So she called the number back to see who it is.

They said well from the number your calling from we are looking for XXXXX are they there? She says this is his wife, may I ask who is calling?

They go through the whole spill about attempt to collect a debt blah blah blah.........and said it was Cavalry.

Then says we spoke with someone this morning on this account. She said well you just called and hung up. They said no we spoke with someone. She was like no.

They proceed to tell her who the OC is and the amount and ask how we'd like to take care of it.

She says well he sent you a letter earlier in the week, you should be receiving it anytime, then we'll discuss the account after you respond.

They ask what the letter was about.........she said it was debt validation.

They say oh yeah looks like we got it and it was inputed into the computer about 45 mins ago.

My wife said and you are calling trying to collect?

Their reply is "Ma'am your number is in a dialer and we just got the letter about 45 minutes ago, we didn't have time to take your number out of the dialer."

How fascinating seeing as their dialer has never called my number before. Funny it calls as soon as they receive a DV.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Contact by CA after they receive DV

sidewinder wrote:
I sent out a DV to Cavalry earlier this week.

Keep in mind I have NEVER heard anything on this debt........via mail or telephone.

Today my wife answers the phone and there is a computer call saying "We are looking for .......... If this is you press 1, if not you but lives there press 2, if not at this number hang up and call........."

Only thing is they didn't say no name.........so my wife presses 2.......someone answers and says something......coughs......and hangs up. So she called the number back to see who it is.

They said well from the number your calling from we are looking for XXXXX are they there? She says this is his wife, may I ask who is calling?

They go through the whole spill about attempt to collect a debt blah blah blah.........and said it was Cavalry.

Then says we spoke with someone this morning on this account. She said well you just called and hung up. They said no we spoke with someone. She was like no.

They proceed to tell her who the OC is and the amount and ask how we'd like to take care of it.

She says well he sent you a letter earlier in the week, you should be receiving it anytime, then we'll discuss the account after you respond.

They ask what the letter was about.........she said it was debt validation.

They say oh yeah looks like we got it and it was inputed into the computer about 45 mins ago.

My wife said and you are calling trying to collect?

Their reply is "Ma'am your number is in a dialer and we just got the letter about 45 minutes ago, we didn't have time to take your number out of the dialer."

How fascinating seeing as their dialer has never called my number before. Funny it calls as soon as they receive a DV.

Looks like that's 1 violation so far! keep notes of date and times!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowlife tactic!!!!  Take a pic of the Caller ID (or save that message)--- wait to see how the DV goes.... you 'could' have a violation (excuse me - this IS the age of computer and things 'can' update immediately.

Might explain whay they hung up the first time....
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Lowlife tactic!!!!  Take a pic of the Caller ID (or save that message)--- wait to see how the DV goes.... you 'could' have a violation (excuse me - this IS the age of computer and things 'can' update immediately.

Might explain whay they hung up the first time....

I don't have caller id......but I did record the phone call.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.