Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted an attorney

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted an attorney

I really think that we here know more than he does (either that or he is more interested in doing bankruptcies).

Said that the only thing a CA has to do is ask the OC if the debt is valid (no paperwork at all) and that they do NOT have to provide proof of license or anything else.

Looking for another attorney... this one is worthless.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Contacted an attorney

Bottom-feeder. Fire his arse NOW!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Dawn
Established Contributor

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Looking for another attorney... this one is worthless.

I hope you find a good one ... they are not all created equal.

I know my situation with an attorney is different ... and totally unrelated to credit, but I tend to ramble at times. Smiley Happy

My son had a couple of tickets issued by an overly zealous law enforcement officer who was new to our community. 

The laws in the neighboring city he was accustomed to were slightly different than they were in ours.  I wanted a dismissal, based upon what I knew about our city ordinances ... the attorney informed me that wouldn't be possible, because the interpretation of the ordinances could go either way.  However, he could get the best possible outcome to keep them off his record.  He was so arrogant, he told me that I would be a fool to go to anyone other than him and that no one else would be able to get the results he got.

*I* got the tickets dismissed by contacting a supervisor in the Police Department and presenting my argument.  He agreed with me and admitted that the younger officer would be dealt with.  Whether that happened or not, I don't know ... but the supervisor was really a nice guy!!!

Another was a case in which the police officer issued a 30mph ticket in a 20mph school zone with a ticket time-stamped 3 minutes before the school zone time period started.  Sent DS with a map of the area, the location the policeman was sitting at when he issued the ticket (and could NOT see whether the flashing lights were flashing at the other end of the school zone.)  Got that one dismissed, too!

If you wanna do something right ... sometimes it pays to do it yourself.  I just wish we COULD depend on an attorney to do it for us.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really thinking "I'll do it" - I need a shark and this guy was a minnow...  Jeez, every attorney I've ever had told me I should have gone to law school.... maybe I should take the hint (and do CONSUMER LAW).  Working on my paralegal certification -  I'll blow them away when we get to Consumer Law.
Message 4 of 9
Dawn
Established Contributor

How did you select the first attorney?  I have looked at web-sites of several in my area, and many of them seem to know what they are talking about ... but so did the traffic ticket guy ... so a good presentation is not always what it's made out to be. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing interivews off of naca --
Message 6 of 9
Dawn
Established Contributor

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Doing interivews off of naca --
Dang!  That's discouraging!  That's where I came up with the names I was looking at!  Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 9
Minnie
Contributor

There is a website called Martindale Hubbell, which lists attorneys by location and practice area: www.martindale.com. It will give you some names. However, you should always interview your attorney first. Any lawyer worth anything will pretty much give you an initial consultation for free. They may not be able to answer your questions right on the spot -- but that is OK. Be a little wary of those who claim to know it all -- nobody does. The best ones know what they DON'T
Message 8 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Call Denny Crane, he's never lost a case!Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.