Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Experian...IMPOSSIBLE!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Contacting Experian...IMPOSSIBLE!

I need to get ahold of these people.  Their customer service is a joke...all automated & eventually their only option left is to buy a report...duh!

Their email system connected to their website gets you to helpconsumerinfo@consumerinfo.com, which isn't actually Experian.  It seems they're doing all they can possibly do to keep their customers from actually speaking to a real person.

All I want to do is get them to fix my legal mailing address!  But I continually hit brick walls or thick headed individuals through their extremely bad email links.  I'd received this info in one of the generic emails:
If you have ordered a credit report from ConsumerInfo within that last 30 days,
you are eligible to use the online dispute process.  Just click on the
‘Dispute Information’ link found above your credit report, and then click
on ‘Experian Online Dispute’. Follow the prompts to complete the online
dispute process.

Ok...that would be fine except that...the address they show as current, that was my previous & their listing for previous is my current.  If I dispute the address, the ONLY option they give you is : This is incorrect, I never lived at this address.  Which is a lie.  GRRRRRR!! Smiley Mad

Does anyone out there have a # where you can actually talk to a real person???

Thank you for allowing me to vent....whew~
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Contacting Experian...IMPOSSIBLE!

Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I think you can only dispute/change your address via fax or mail. Seems like they'll ask for your drivers license, Soc. Sec card and a letter explaining what you want changed.
Message 2 of 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

It's a shame that after 2 days of email traffic with their "customer service" dept, that no one from there could tell me this.

Thanks!

ps...the wierd thing is that they have the dates these updates were made & the old one showing as current - 10/2005  My real current (their previous) 6/2007.  Go fig!!ure

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 05-13-2008 10:33 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

BungalowMo wrote:
It's a shame that after 2 days of email traffic with their "customer service" dept, that no one from there could tell me this.

Thanks!

They should put us on payroll.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

the address on my cr was showing my parents address, i disputed snail mail and it was updated within 30 days.
Message 5 of 16
fogg30
Valued Member

Experian 1-800-493-1058.  The number is also on their website.  You will need an Experioan credit report number to get through, if you have already done a dispute then you should have a credit report number.  Choose dispute, then live person.

I got through this way to update my address information as well that they had wrong, however they wouldn't just change my contact information because I asked...........I had to actually call the "creditor" that reported the wrong contact information and ask them to update the information, that is the only way you can change it with them!
EQ 637 / EX 576 / TU 600
Message 6 of 16
ramona32
Established Member

I called and disputed an address that was listed on my credit report that was not mine and they deleted it immediately.
Message 7 of 16
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@fogg30 wrote:
Experian 1-800-493-1058.  The number is also on their website.  You will need an Experioan credit report number to get through, if you have already done a dispute then you should have a credit report number.  Choose dispute, then live person.

I don't have a dipute nor need to make one so I cna't get a report number that way.  I get reports all the time but they don't have report numbers on them from Experian Credit Check Premium.  So, I purchased one from the recording so that I could get a report #.  It did not give me a report number;  it only gave me a conf # for purchasing something i already have and didn't need to buy, and said it would mail it to me.  What good does that do??  It doesn't even let you choose fax/mail etc.  I need the report number so that i could continue my call to a live person, so basically they are charging us this fee to talk to them.  Anyone know how to get through?  All I want are the drop dates since the reports I pay insane monthly fees for don't include this info.  I want to cancel my report purchase since it didn't give me what I paid for but it would probably end up on my credit report.  lol

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 8 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 16
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

This thread is really old.

Yet five years later it's still impossible to get a hold of a human being at Experian without a report number in hand!

FICO Scores 800+
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.