Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting collection agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacting collection agency

I just bought score watch and love it already! The only problem is that they say i have a collection acct. on file. put all they give me for a name is "594yc00000". I know i have called the collection agency before because i had to get a letter from them to get approved for my home loan a year ago, but i dont remember the number or who i called. I have already disputed though score watch does any one know the turn around time for the resolution and if it really works, and where i can find the number of the collection agency. If that collection acct. get removed will my score go up some????
I am only 20 so all the good credit i can get the better trying to get a cls w/my bank. need a high fico.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contacting collection agency

When you are looking at that particular item in your report on Scorewatch, there should be a highlited link that says something like "Account iformation". If you click that, it should tell you more info. Also look in the seaction that lists your creditors. It should show an address. But the bottom line is if it is being reported as not paid and it is, dispute it with the CRAs as incorrect.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contacting collection agency

Collection on debt to: Not on Record

The collection agency "594yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $415 originally owed to "Not on Record" on account number "XXX2578".

Collection agency [?] 594yc00000 Original balance [?] $415 Current balance (as of Aug 01,2006) [?] $415 Status (as of Aug 01, 2006) [?] Unpaid Date assigned [?] Apr 01, 2006 Date reported [?] Aug 01, 2006 Date last active [?] Jul 01, 2005 Original lender [?] Not on Record Account number [?] XXX2578 Account holder [?] Individual                                                                                                                                                                       This is all that its showing this happened when i was at work its a workmans comp issue.... if i get this resolved will my experian and transunion file update as well?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.