cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

Contributor

Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

Does anyone know how this process is done, do they check your credit again?
 
I was just approved for Skymiles, haven't even recieved the card yet, but I actually want the Clear,  I didn't think I would be approved for it straight up though, given the threads that I had read here.
 
Is it as simple as asking or are they looking for something specific when you request a conversion?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...



Jamesus81801 wrote:
Does anyone know how this process is done, do they check your credit again?
 
I was just approved for Skymiles, haven't even recieved the card yet, but I actually want the Clear,  I didn't think I would be approved for it straight up though, given the threads that I had read here.
 
Is it as simple as asking or are they looking for something specific when you request a conversion?


You can convert at activation over the phone. Clear huh, nice card! What are your FICO scores? Clear is harder to get than Blue.
Message 2 of 28
Contributor

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

Oh I thought Clear was the easier one, that's my concern, they pulled EX and I only have appx. 615 at best right now... If they are checking into my credit again I probably won't bother asking...
Message 3 of 28
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...



Jamesus81801 wrote:
Oh I thought Clear was the easier one, that's my concern, they pulled EX and I only have appx. 615 at best right now... If they are checking into my credit again I probably won't bother asking...


That is a little low for a clear and even a blue. I believe AMEX will not pull another hard inq when you convert. Just ask them if they do, if they say they won't pull another hard inq, then go for it. You have nothing to lose. Check the threads below to see what types scores are needed for a Clear card approval.
Message 4 of 28
Contributor

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

Actually Fused, I've made use of those threads before from your very links as a matter of fact, so Thank You! for that... and they are, as well as some other threads here, the reason that I didn't originally apply for either the Blue or Clear, I will ask if they pull another hard INQ though... Thanks for the info!!!
Message 5 of 28
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

Hmmm.. I always thought clear was easier than blue. Maybe not. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 28
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...



Tuscani wrote:
Hmmm.. I always thought clear was easier than blue. Maybe not. Smiley Happy



My bad, I meant to say Blue is harder than Clear!:smileyindifferent
 
P.S. My brain is fried from reading soooo many posts!


Message Edited by fused111 on 07-25-2007 11:59 AM

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-25-2007 12:00 PM
Message 7 of 28
Contributor

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

Alright thanks, I will ask how they handle it upon activation and see what they say... Hopefully it will work out in my favor.
Message 8 of 28
Frequent Contributor

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

I'm thinking of getting a Clear to match my Blue. LOL .... Or should I....
Message 9 of 28
Frequent Contributor

Re: Converting Skymiles to Clear or Blue...

I have both Clear and Blue.

Clear has a minimum CL of 4K - so if your delta doesn't have at least a 4K CL then you don't even stand a chance.

Blue has a minimum CL of 1K - so you'll likely be able to convert to Blue.

I recently did a conversion...

I started off with a Blue Cash and a Delta Gold. I asked to convert my Delta to a Clear and they said no, but they happily converted it to Blue Cash.

I then had them convert my existing Blue Cash to a Clear!
Message 10 of 28