Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting wrong last payment date.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correcting wrong last payment date.

I have two accounts listed on my credit report from Bank of America that have the wrong last payment date.  The last time I made a payment on either of these accounts was 10/2008 however, they say that the last payment was 1/2010.  The accounts where finally settled in 1/2011.

I have disputed online with all three CRA's and now have sent written disputes to all 3 CRA's as well.  I have included the payment history from each account that shows these accounts where 1st delinquent in 2008.  I also sent a request to Bank of America as well.

I'm looking to buy a house soon and these two negatives going away in October would be really nice since it will be 7 years then.  Otherwise they will stay on for 2 more years and they shouldn't.

Assuming these disputes don't solve the problem, what is my next best step?  I'm tempted to sue BofA those bastards but would rather not waste my time and money on something that could be fixed easily.

Is there anyone that I can call?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Correcting wrong last payment date.

It would seem that if the account was settled in 2011, then there was a payment in 2011....?

Regardless, it is unclear as to what substantive scoring effect any correction would have.

Since the debt is paid, then it has a $0 balance.

Questions as to accuracy of last payments can certainly be disputed, but any resolution would only require correction or deletion of that specific info, not anything else under the account. 

It is unclear as to how resolution of the problem would result in any removal of derogs.....

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Correcting wrong last payment date.

Thanks for your reply.  It was a short sale but I didn't make a payment in 2011, they did recieve proceeds though from the house sale.  However, that is not the date that is being used.  It is over a year later.  

You are correct that this may not be impacting my score much but to not have it on the report (should fall off after 10/2015) would be better since I won't have to explain it to the new lender.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.