Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cosign with father

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cosign with father

About 3 years ago my father cosigned with me when I purchased my car, now all of his credit is shown on MY report.  This includes his mortgages, credit cards, and other loans.  Is this correct, should his credit be reflected on my score?  How is this going to affect my husband and I when we try a buy a house.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Cosign with father

@Anonymous wrote:

About 3 years ago my father cosigned with me when I purchased my car, now all of his credit is shown on MY report.  This includes his mortgages, credit cards, and other loans.  Is this correct, should his credit be reflected on my score?  How is this going to affect my husband and I when we try a buy a house.

Unless your name is also on those other loans they should not be reflected on your credit reports. While if the credit is in good standing it will not hurt you any but if it is in bad standing then it is hurting you. Either way good or bad reporting it needs to be corrected with all the credit agencies. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.