cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone give me their opinion?

tag
bekah

Could someone give me their opinion?

Okay, I checked all three scores from True Credit and they gave me a 610 on Transunion and WELL below 600 on both Experian and Equifax just a few days ago......HOWEVER, when I bought them from myfico.com.....My scores are 564 TU.....622 with Equifax and 639 with Experian......

ALSO.....I am disputing some things.....I disputed on TU with my car loan that shows 30 days late that probably will be corrected because it wasn't, for it was deferred that month.......

On Experian (I believe), I am disputing a double reported medical collection that one says it was paid and the other says unpaid.....obviously paid but they need to delete the unpaid one......

ALSO, I co-signed for a car that my friend just paid off a few days ago and that should be reported soon.........AND my car loan will be paid off in a few weeks.....

FINALLY, I am paying two of my cc's down to under 35%utilization rate in a few days......

Basically, my scores should improve, correct?  Also, could I get a car loan with my current scores?  Will I HAVE to have a co-signer......and finally, How much do you think they COULD be improved by these actions?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Could someone give me their opinion?

you will have no problem what so ever getting a car loan.  They are getting much easier to get. interest rate could be higher though, just depends what kind of car your looking for.
Also getting those bad things removed and paying down your debt should really help your score.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@bekah wrote:
HOWEVER, when I bought them from myfico.com.....My scores are 564 TU.....622 with Equifax and 639 with Experian.
That's interesting how low your TU score is. Do you have a mortgage? TU seems to penalize those without mortgages. But then you also have the late showing only on TU. As for the rest of it, with luck your scores will be somewhere around the mid-600's, once everything hits. (Might be better, if you have other stuff going on.)

I can't even begin to guess what your new numbers will be, with all the changes going on. I think you should be able to get a car loan with these numbers. You might want to go over to the Loans board, because it is loaded with posts about car loans (and mortgages, etc.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
bekah

I have no mortgage, nor ever have.  I'm more curious whether or not I can do it w/o a co-signer.
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I would let the dust settle for now, and see what your scores look like. In the meantime, if you have any potential car loan lenders lined up, you might want to visit with them and get some advice. Certainly, you want to make sure that your potential lenders don't pull from TU! If your overall scores change after everything posts, it might be useful to print them out and take them with you when you go for your loan. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.