Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counrtywide said no to GW letter!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Counrtywide said no to GW letter!

I emailed a GW to Angelo Mozilo (Chairman & CEO)  asking for a GW removal from 2001 & 2002 (a couple 30 day lates).  We have been Countrywide customers since 1999 and have refinanced 3 times with them.

I got a call from Angela in the Presidents office...she said that it was illegal for them to make the changes since they had to "accurately report" the payment history.

I know it is my fault, but man that kinda chaps me....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Counrtywide said no to GW letter!

I would call Angela back and very politely ask her to cite the FCRA - you know, the part that says it's illegal for them to adjust their reporting.....
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

pk8183 wrote:
I emailed a GW to Angelo Mozilo (Chairman & CEO)  asking for a GW removal from 2001 & 2002 (a couple 30 day lates).  We have been Countrywide customers since 1999 and have refinanced 3 times with them.

I got a call from Angela in the Presidents office...she said that it was illegal for them to make the changes since they had to "accurately report" the payment history.

It is not "illegal" - there is no law that says they HAVE to report at all.  They only are legally prevented from inaccurately reporting good trades as delinquent, not the other way around.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just left her a VM stating that from my research it was not illegal and that if it was the case, then would it not be illegal to have incorrect information on a CR?  I also informed her that another creditor has made a GW change and that based on the lenghth of time that we have been their customers, I would think they would want to keep us as customers.

Any idea how much these late payments from 5+ years ago would hurt the FICO score?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too got a NO from Country Wide too.  I then wrote yet another GW explaining we have been good customers for the last two years and deserved another review.  So we will see.  Some are so willing and others just say no without probably even reading the letter.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

pk8183 wrote:

Someone would find themselves off my Christmas card list.

If the interest rates are any cheaper now, I would consider doing another re-fi, AWAY from their company.  For a Chairman  & CEO, Mr. Mozilo appears to be a total dumba$$.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post the letter that you sent to Countrywide?  I would not give up having been a valuable customer and all.  Don't just let them give you that crap about they can't, they are the creditor and have the power and authority to change whatever they want for whomever they want.  Like I told another poster on this board, don't stop.  Become like a collection agency on them and send emails and letters and show them how important this is for you.  I told a friend of a story in the Bible (sorry to go deep and hope that I don't offend anyone) of a woman whose son about be to sent to debtors prison because they owed money and couldn't pay it back.  The woman went to see the king about releasing her from the debt.  He said not.  So she went back, he said no again, she went back again and again until he just got tired of her and told his servants to give her whatever she wanted and to release her from the debt and her son because she was in essence, getting on his nerves.  These companies get on our nerves 24/7 when they can about payments or chargeoffs or whatever and yet because of a situation that was more than likely beyond our control when we call they don't want to talk to us and make us feel unworthy.  Everyone is entitled to forgiveness and compassion and these people are not gods which is why I pray everytime I send an email, fax or letter in the mail or dispute online to my God who can do all things and give me favor like no company or creditor ever could. 

THanks
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts

You are so inspiring and it makes me want to just keep trying.  Good people do have hard times and the GW letters should only show we realize our mistakes and need a break.  So I am still motivated to stay with it.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know that.  Never, ever give up in life period. Lots of times it seems like we won't overcome, but we will.  As long as we have each other and boards like this that encourage us to move forward, we can do anything.  We are everyday growing, learning and sharing our experiences to help our fellowman.  So, God bless all of us for trying to make it right.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.