Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Court Summon filed by LVNV------Need HELP

tag
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Court Summon filed by LVNV------Need HELP

HappyDays, the reason I would want to wait is I have 30 days to reply, this would be stalling, from my end. Then the 30 day DV. Then the court will also take time.

Remember the SOL expires in a few months.

Correct me if the strategy is wrong.
Message 11 of 18
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Bump--

Help
Message 12 of 18
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Help
Message 13 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

If they filed under the sol, I think they're good to go.  Anyone else?
Message 14 of 18
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

What do you mean good to go?
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SOL only comes into play here if they had waited to file until after it was up.  If they filed the suit within the SOL regardless of when the court hears the case they are as was said in another reply "Good to go". 

You definitely need to attend to this one if you don't want a default judgement.

Van

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are within SOL....you want everything that you might be able to use in court to keep them from getting a judgment!

You have 30 days to answer the court......after which time the court date may change.

You want to go in & say  "I asked for the CA to validate this debt as I beleve that their info. is inaccrate. And they refused to answer.................OR I received their answer but they did not give accurate info....or they show that there is a debt BUT can not prove that it is MY debt......

You see if you have an attorney   he will ask for discovery & this info. must be answered.

What do you think the judge will think if he ask you....what have you done to determine if this is your debt & you have no answer.
Message 17 of 18
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

HappyDays I have 30 days to answer the Plaintiff(LVNV) and send a copy to court.

Though I plan to consult a lawyer, but this is what I am thinking:

As a reply to the CA(Plaintiff(LVNV))I will send a DV CMRRR, for them to reply in 30 days.

To the court I will send the reply, that I did this before, but they never validate the debt. So they first have to validate this debt. How can I pay anyone who cannot even prove that the debt is mine.

Your thoughts will be most welcome.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.