Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Court jugements on credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Court jugements on credit reports

Can someone please help...?   I have a judgement against me on a Bally's account from 1996 and it just appeared on my credit report earlier this year. It was not on my credit report 2 years ago.  I know this because I work for a job that requires a background investigation for employment and we were interviewed on everything including finances.  In the credit report, it states that the judgement was filed in 2002 in a city I wasn't living in at the time.  I want to purchase a home soon and need to know the correct steps in lifting/removing this from my records.  I don't want this in the way of getting a mortgage.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Court jugements on credit reports

there are a handfull of threads on this that I've looked up in the past week.  Just do a search under "Judgements."
The short answer is get a lawyer.  I think you can get the judgement set aside, because you weren't properly served.  If the original debt came from 1996 they may also be past the SOL, so you can get it removed that way.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

QT wrote:
Can someone please help...?   I have a judgement against me on a Bally's account from 1996 and it just appeared on my credit report earlier this year. It was not on my credit report 2 years ago.  I know this because I work for a job that requires a background investigation for employment and we were interviewed on everything including finances.  In the credit report, it states that the judgement was filed in 2002 in a city I wasn't living in at the time.  I want to purchase a home soon and need to know the correct steps in lifting/removing this from my records.  I don't want this in the way of getting a mortgage.

If it were me, I would consult an attorney right away. A judgment is not easy to get rid of but it can be done. you can check here if you do not know a consumer attorney.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks "uptomyneck"  for the insight...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you "happydays"
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.