cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cox Cable HP

tag
boocher13

Cox Cable HP

So a Cox communications salesman was coming door to door looking for business. He offered me a great deal on internet service and I'm fed up with my slow at&t dsl. I filled out no paperwork or application the guy just took my info and went to his car to set up the install . Today I get the Fico alert that I had an inquiry on 10/2 by cox communications. I'm assuming this is a hp. Do I have any recourse? they never told me they were going to do a hp and if they did I would have declined their offer.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cox Cable HP

Section 604 of the FCRA provides a listing of situations that authorized a pull of a consumer's credit report without their express approval.

The situation alone provides authorization for an inquiry. 

A consumer initiated business transaction that a legitimate business need for review of a consumer's credit as part of the transaction is listed as a permissible purpose.

The inquiry was entitled to be reported as a so-called "hard" pull.  Coding as "soft" is at the discretion of the inquiree.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.