Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Account Question Leave it Alone or Have Modified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Account Question Leave it Alone or Have Modified

Hi I have an account on my credit report that I am not sure if I should leave alone or have modified. I want to do whatever will be best for my credit. The account is a Department of Human Services account for Child Support Obligations. I no longer have the child support obligation as we have made amends and are now married. Actually I havent had child support obligations since 2006. It shows Date Opened March 2005. Date last reported June 2006. Never Laid Pays as Agreed. So there are no late payments and it will help AAoA. But I didnt know how these accounts affect reporting. Also the account still shows OPEN with a monthly obligation of $521. THe account is definately not open and I dont pay it so I assume it looks bad on my DTI. So here is the question should I leave it alone or dispute the fact that it is open and ask them to report it as closed?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Account Question Leave it Alone or Have Modified

I would venture to guess that it would be worse to show this obligation on your credit as opposed to dinging your AAofA.

Now a bigger question is why did Dez have to lie to the NCAA? Go Pokes!

Jonny

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Account Question Leave it Alone or Have Modified

I think I call the DHS and ask them to report it closed just to be safe.

And I dont know why he had to lie to the NCAA like that hopefully since a lie is the only infraction they can get him reinstated soon. I dont think it will be a big factor for A&M but we need him for TX, Mizzou, and OU. Glad to see another O-State fan.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.