Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Blueprint!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Blueprint!

Good Morning! With the recent addition to our family, our daughter, now of 3 months. We are starting to look at new houses. Our plan is in 2 years or sooner. Wifes credit is A+ .. I need to get mine up there!

If I post the details of my credit report, can the experts here weigh in on some of the things I can do to help bring my credit from a C+ to an A+?

Any thoughts, comments and/or suggestions would be so much appriciated

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Blueprint!

Just a little side comment. Up until recently, maybe a year or two ago, I was scared to even look at my credit report. I knew it was horrible and I didn't even want to look at it for fear that it was beyond repair. I accepted that fact and just went on with life. I was never taught the importance of money and or credit growing up (as far as I remember). I don't necessarily blame my parents for that. I just know that I want to teach my daughter the importance of investing and having an outstanding credit profile.

I tend to not give myself a ton of credit for myself. I tend to be pretty hard on myself ("you can always do better") but I have to say, I am proud of myself for taking the steps and facing this head on. It doesn't scare me anymore. In fact, I look at it more like a game now. Before it was, you can never have a score of 800+. Now it's, there's no reason why you can't.

Sorry for the rant. Just had the need to type that out Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Blueprint!

By all means! The pros here will need your baddies listed including DOFD, lates, BK if any, accounts, loans, utilization. etc. I would suggest reading posts in 'bouncing back from credit problems' and also putting your post there to get the most helpful response. Welcome to the forum!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.