Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureau Fax Numbers

tag
docfr8
Valued Member

Credit Bureau Fax Numbers

Does anyone know the most recent fax numbers to Trans Union, Experian and Equifax?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureau Fax Numbers

bump
Message 2 of 8
mrlimo
Regular Contributor

here are there phone #'s you could call and ask for there fax #'s

Experian 1-888-397-3742
Equifax 1-800-685-1111
TransUnion 1-800-888-4213

Hope this help you.

Message 3 of 8
olivex
Valued Member

Tried them yesterday and went thru

EQ: 1-888-729-0083
EX: 1-972-390-3838
TU: 1-610-546-4606
Message 4 of 8
dr0265
Valued Member

If I have a letter from a CA that says that they intended for their items to be deleted from my CR's, will they be removed quickly if I fax them to these numbers or would I be risking a fraud alert or have to wait the 30+ days for them to be investigated?   I have read that the CRA's will not process information that is received via fax....is that true or are others having success with it? 

Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dr0265 wrote:
If I have a letter from a CA that says that they intended for their items to be deleted from my CR's, will they be removed quickly if I fax them to these numbers or would I be risking a fraud alert or have to wait the 30+ days for them to be investigated?   I have read that the CRA's will not process information that is received via fax....is that true or are others having success with it? 

Thanks!

You can dispute via fax, but no matter how you dispute, by law they have 30 days to investigate.
Message 6 of 8
dr0265
Valued Member

Since I have the letter on the CRA's letterhead, do you think they would need to investigate?  I would guess yes, since technology and a good wordprocessor could forge a company letterhead....Is there a service for rapid rescoring or do you have to do that through a mortgage broker or bank? 
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dr0265 wrote:
Since I have the letter on the CRA's letterhead, do you think they would need to investigate?  I would guess yes, since technology and a good wordprocessor could forge a company letterhead....Is there a service for rapid rescoring or do you have to do that through a mortgage broker or bank? 

They may do it right away, or they may not.  The point is that the law allows them 30 days anytime you dispute anything, so expect them to take 30 days.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.