Regular Contributor
dazednconfused

Credit Bureau Ratings

Hi again,

Question about credit bureau ratings:  If a creditor charged off an account, I assume that an R9 rating is accurate.  However, if the account shows historical references with 0 delinquencies, shouldn't the rating be R1?  How do I go about updating a rating.  Contact the CB?  For example, I have the following showing on my report, although it is absolutely inaccurate and I need to figure out who to write to to get it fixed.

examples:  Cap 1 - Balance owing $3002, charged off amount 3002 [dola 8/02], Rating R-9, historical mo 86, 30 2, 60 2, 90 3.  Shouldn't it read balance owing as zero.  And how long will the R-9 stay there?  7 years?

Providian - Balance owing $1916 [should be included in bk], past due $414, Dola 2/2002, R-5, with zero in historicals.  Doesn't make sense.

If a charge off is paid, does it still report as an R or I 9? 

Do you think I should write to the OC or the CB

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}