Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureau

tag
Rebuilder2016
Contributor

Credit Bureau

Experian report has made all changes to my credit reports but Equifax seems to be taking forever. Why is that?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureau

I have the opposite problem. EQ and TU seem very cooperative and update information quickly for me. EX is the stick in the mud. Very frustrating to have 2 scores that are well into the 700s and one that won't exit the 600s due to CRA inaction.

I would guess it's ultimately just about which CRA the creditors report to.

Message 2 of 11
Rebuilder2016
Contributor

I have a low 610 (Equifax), mid 648 (Transunion), and high 676 (Experian)...Drives me crazy! You would think if they reported the bad items to all three bureaus they could update all three as well!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Experian seems to be the most used CRA, so at least they're the ones that are giving you higher scores. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuilder2016 wrote:
Experian report has made all changes to my credit reports but Equifax seems to be taking forever. Why is that?

My understanding is that EQ hires retarded monkeys and they have continual problems with them easily becoming distracted, and/or falling asleep on the job. Apparently there is a retarded monkey's union that prevent the slackers from being fired. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been tracking in a spreadsheet using the MyFICO subscription alerts -- seems to me that EQ is often the last to reflect a change of any sort, except for inquiries.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebuilder2016 wrote:

My understanding is that EQ hires retarded monkeys and they have continual problems with them easily becoming distracted, and/or falling asleep on the job. Apparently there is a retarded monkey's union that prevent the slackers from being fired. Smiley LOL

This is so true. The last time I called Equifax to file a dispute, the CSR reads my social security number to me and asks if that was my social!!! Insane I tell you, shouldn't it be the other way around. I tell them my social and they confirm. Mind you, I could barley understand him. After some thorough researching, I discovered you can ask to speak to the American department, which hasn't been too bad. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebuilder2016 wrote:

This is so true. The last time I called Equifax to file a dispute, the CSR reads my social security number to me and asks if that was my social!!! Insane I tell you, shouldn't it be the other way around. I tell them my social and they confirm. Mind you, I could barley understand him. After some thorough researching, I discovered you can ask to speak to the American department, which hasn't been too bad. 

From what I've read, the American monkey's are only marginally smarter than the foreign monkeys....

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read, the American monkey's are only marginally smarter than the foreign monkeys....

Probably one of the best posts I've read this year. 

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A furnisher is required to promptly update any prior reporting as necessary to maitain its current accuracy.  FCRA 623(a)(2).

Thus, if they are required to report such updates to ALL CRAs to which they have previously reported the information.

Additionally, if you file a dispute with one CRA and the investigation upon referral to the furnisher finds agreement with the asserted inaccuracy, it is not sufficient for them to simply update with the CRA who is handing the dispute.  They must also report any corrrection to all other CRA with which they have reported the disputed information.

A delay in the showing of updates with a given CRA is not necessarily based on delays caused by that CRA.

The furnisher may not have simultaneously reported tthe update to each CRA, and my be the source of delay in updates.  They will rarely fess-up if they are the cause.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.