Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus Have Different Information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Bureaus Have Different Information

I am new to this credit score and monitoring life style. I opened an account with experian and also with transunion. Here's the thing; the information in my transunion are complete not of my doing. It seems as though they are recording and monitoring another person's life. Here is my basic info for both:

Experian: 

Score: 700

AAOA: .4 years (4 months)

# of Accouts: 1 (car lease) 

Hard Inquiries:  4

Delinquencies: 0

Utilization: 0

Public Record: 0

Transunion: 

Score: 650

AAOA: 15 years

# of Accouts: 2

Delinquencies: 2

Utilization: 92%

Public Record: 0

I have just applied for a credit card and waiting on my appilcation status. And I've also co-signed my lease with my parents. Would it be safe to assume that the Transunion credit report includes their information as well? If so is there a way to NOT include it? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureaus Have Different Information

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to this credit score and monitoring life style. I opened an account with experian and also with transunion. Here's the thing; the information in my transunion are complete not of my doing. It seems as though they are recording and monitoring another person's life. Here is my basic info for both:

Experian: 

Score: 700

AAOA: .4 years (4 months)

# of Accouts: 1 (car lease) 

Delinquencies: 0

Utilization: 0

Public Record: 0

Transunion: 

Score: 650

AAOA: 15 years

# of Accouts: 2

Delinquencies: 2

Utilization: 92%

Public Record: 0

I have just applied for a credit card and waiting on my appilcation status. And I've also co-signed my lease with my parents. Would it be safe to assume that the Transunion credit report includes their information as well? If so is there a way to NOT include it? 

I'll give this a stab.......

First, the scores you're getting are NOT your real scores, They are Fakos, not FICO's, you can not base your creditworthiness on those scores. I'd reccomend you purchase your EQ and TU Reports here at MyFico and compare those two reports (you will also get your true FICO credit scores).

I'm guessing that your EX report is pretty accurate right? Based on what you've said it seems like EX file for you is correct.

The TU report with a 15 yr AAoA's is not at all consistant with your EX file. Is your Fathers name the same as yours? It seems to me your still young, too young to have a 15yr AAoA, that and you said you co signed with your parents on an auto lease which leads me to believe your young. I have read where relatives with the same name have this type of problem, I'd contact TU and speak with them, explain the situation and hopefully they can figure this out.

As far as the lease reporting on EQ, EX or TU it all depends on which CRA's the bank reports to. My car loan is thru a CU which only reports my car loan on my EQ file.

Hopefully a Fico Veteran will chime in and give you more info.

Best of Luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. 

I have an experian account that I monitor daily and yes, it does represent me more than the transunion score. The transunion score however, I signed-up for a free trial for it and cancelled it a week later. I assume that the scores were right but that inconsistencies threw me off a little. 

I'll contact transunion to see if it can be fixed.

Message 3 of 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

If you have an experian account of some sort, I assume you can run your full report and make sure everything is correct.

Did you run a full report with Transunion?

The real FICO scores are mostly just available here but "scores" don't seem to be your primary goal, at least not now. You need to make sure the information is correct. How about just going to annualcreditreport.com and getting your free annual reports from all 3 CRAs. Start with making sure the info is correct. It does sound like there is some info for somebody else in at least one of your reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.