cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus Report for Entire 7 Years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Bureaus Report for Entire 7 Years?

I have a collection account with a DOFD of 07/2002.   Based on the 7 year rule it should be coming off next year -  07/2009.   Does anyone know if it remains on the report for exactly 7 years or does it sometimes fall off a little early?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Bureaus Report for Entire 7 Years?

It has varied for me. I've had stuff drop off as early and late plus or minus a couple months.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read on another board that some people were calling and asking the bureaus to delete the accounts as "obsolete."  I have no experience with this, but some were reporting success with it.  It seemed that five months prior to the drop off date seemed to work okay. 
Input from others with knowledge on this would be best......
Message 3 of 6
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Don't ask them to dispute it just ask them to remove it as obsolete.
I would do this in writting not online.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

tuneup wrote:
I have a collection account with a DOFD of 07/2002.   Based on the 7 year rule it should be coming off next year -  07/2009.   Does anyone know if it remains on the report for exactly 7 years or does it sometimes fall off a little early?

Thanks!

Yes, it sometimes falls off early. It is usually 7 years give or take a few. You can always call them up or fax them something towards the end of the month due to fall off and remind them if it hasn't fell off by then.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 02-28-2008 05:38 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a DOFD? Can I ask the same for a chapt 13 bankruptcy? Mine is 7 yrs 1 month past and is still on my report. Any advice?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.