Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus Updating Timeframe

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Credit Bureaus Updating Timeframe

I closed on my first home on Sept 27th and have been waiting patiently to apply for new credit cards because I maxed out my 2 cards during closing trying not to spend any money in my checking. Unfortunately I was not able to pay it all back before the due date, so I just made a little above the min. payment and the maxed out balances dropped my score almost 40 points. I paid them off (with a small balance remaining) last week and so far only Experian has updated the balances and not EQ or TU. Does anyone know how long the other two will take to update? I really want to apply for about 4 cards (American Heritage, Chase or Citi, Lowe's and Macy's) and then garden until I get above 750. 

Thank you for your help.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus Updating Timeframe

Typically, CCCs update with the CB a few days <after> the date of statement, not necessarily after you make a payment. I recommend signing up for a monitoring service - SW from here or credit karma/credit sesame for free options.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

My personal experiences been this: EX updates first, followed by EQ and then TU
Message 3 of 6
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

I am signed up with SW, CK and EX but hardly ever receive updates even when my score does change. The due date on both cards is the 22nd and they normally are reported around the 25th. I guess I am being impatient because I know all of them should have received the update by now and I am also anxious because I think I should be able to qualify for a real card now. I guess I will continue to sit tight. Smiley Embarassed

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I having to wait as well.  Between the different reporting times, balance transfers reporting on original card and new card, my scores have dived 10 pts each.  Its an anticipated day when all reporting is up to date Smiley Happy

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@newhouse2013 wrote:

The due date on both cards is the 22nd and they normally are reported around the 25th. I guess I am being impatient because I know all of them should have received the update by now and I am also anxious because I think I should be able to qualify for a real card now. I guess I will continue to sit tight.

They don't update instantly.  The 25th was a Friday so nothing's going to happen on the 26th or 27th.  TU is also slow to update in general.  Hang tight.  They will update.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.