CraveAdrenalinE

Credit Card Help

Will becoming an authorized user on a relative's credit card increase my credit score?  I currently have only one Capital One card with a $500 limit that is at zero.  Shouldn't I see an increase if I proceed with the above?  Also, his balance is roughly $300 with a $9,000 limit.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: Credit Card Help

I should increase your score based on age alone.  Since you are already at 0 utilization it won't factor into that
CraveAdrenalinE

Interesting, I didn't know age played into it that much.  I am currently 27.
Former myFICO Employee
myFICO_Jen

It's the age or length of credit history that Brammy is talking about, not your actual age.  So if become an authorized user on a credit card that has a long history, i.e. open for several years with a solid payment history, and low utilization, then I agree that this should help increase your score.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}