Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Validation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Validation

I sent a validation letter to one cc company and received a reply back. They said this cc belongs to me by providing me with a print screen of my personal information and a statement with payments posting. They issued this cc using my maiden name,but I only have one cc that I opened with this name, so this cc does not belong to me. How can I prove that this does not belong to me? I pay all my cc's online and I never received a statement from this company. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Validation

was the address the same as yours? 
if so, did anyone live with you there?
i would ask for copies of signatures on receipts.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

mbayo wrote:
I sent a validation letter to one cc company and received a reply back. They said this cc belongs to me by providing me with a print screen of my personal information and a statement with payments posting. They issued this cc using my maiden name,but I only have one cc that I opened with this name, so this cc does not belong to me. How can I prove that this does not belong to me? I pay all my cc's online and I never received a statement from this company. 

I'm a little unsure what you mean by validation letter. If you mean a DV or Debt Validation letter, the law only requires a CA to validate a debt when you DV them.

If this is a CC on your CR and in your name, but you never signed for it or applied for it, then it's more than possible it's issued to an M. J. Bayo whereas you are M. G. Bayo.

Merged file.

If it's not yours and you know it ain't yours, dispute it with the CRAs where it's being reported first. Dispute as not mine.

I presume it's an adverse account, right?

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-27-2007 05:29 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this really is not yours- I would ask for the fraud group and have them figure it out.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.