mbayo

Credit Card Validation

I sent a validation letter to one cc company and received a reply back. They said this cc belongs to me by providing me with a print screen of my personal information and a statement with payments posting. They issued this cc using my maiden name,but I only have one cc that I opened with this name, so this cc does not belong to me. How can I prove that this does not belong to me? I pay all my cc's online and I never received a statement from this company. 
Established Contributor
dog

Re: Credit Card Validation

was the address the same as yours? 
if so, did anyone live with you there?
i would ask for copies of signatures on receipts.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

[ Edited ]

mbayo wrote:
I sent a validation letter to one cc company and received a reply back. They said this cc belongs to me by providing me with a print screen of my personal information and a statement with payments posting. They issued this cc using my maiden name,but I only have one cc that I opened with this name, so this cc does not belong to me. How can I prove that this does not belong to me? I pay all my cc's online and I never received a statement from this company. 

I'm a little unsure what you mean by validation letter. If you mean a DV or Debt Validation letter, the law only requires a CA to validate a debt when you DV them.

If this is a CC on your CR and in your name, but you never signed for it or applied for it, then it's more than possible it's issued to an M. J. Bayo whereas you are M. G. Bayo.

Merged file.

If it's not yours and you know it ain't yours, dispute it with the CRAs where it's being reported first. Dispute as not mine.

I presume it's an adverse account, right?

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-27-2007 05:29 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

If this really is not yours- I would ask for the fraud group and have them figure it out.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}