Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card utilization

So I paid for the $24 middle monitoring package but myFICO scores aren't updating. I paid my CC down as they were 98% maxed, and now at like 11% and the scores haven't budged. Even the last update Feb 3 they didn't move. What exactly did I pay for then?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card utilization

Give it a full 30 days. All CCs report on different dates. Good job though!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had the package before it would actually update anytime I used the cards, or anytime the balances would change. I'm talking about the FICO 8 scores on the dashboard, not the other ones from the 3B report. Did it change in the last month or two that the Dashboard doesn't monitor immediate changes anymore? 

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I paid for the $24 middle monitoring package but myFICO scores aren't updating. I paid my CC down as they were 98% maxed, and now at like 11% and the scores haven't budged. Even the last update Feb 3 they didn't move. What exactly did I pay for then?

It's up to you to understand what you pay for versus just assumung that paying means something in and of itself.  myFICO is trigger based.  A trigger activity has to take place for it to update.  The amount you paid should trigger it, however, the balances have to report first.  It's not a matter of when you make the payment.  Make sure you understand when each of your accounts reports.  It will also take the CRA several business days to update after the creditor reports.

@Anonymous wrote:

When I had the package before it would actually update anytime I used the cards, or anytime the balances would change. I'm talking about the FICO 8 scores on the dashboard, not the other ones from the 3B report. Did it change in the last month or two that the Dashboard doesn't monitor immediate changes anymore? 

Not familiar with the dashboard but myFICO can only use the data in your reports.  It does not have direct access to account activity with your credit accounts.

When do your cards report?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.