Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards I never applied for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards I never applied for

On my report there is a few credit cards listed that I never had. My assumpiton is that they were "pre-approved". There is no balance on them, which is good because I never used them.

They are not listed as a detriment to my fico score but should I try to close them? They are a few years old.

I am looking for a mortgage soon, my first, so I want to do the best things for my fico.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards I never applied for

John - You may have been added as an AU by someone close to you when you were younger... May want to ask around.

If they are truly not yours, than you should file an identity theft alert with all three CRAs.

Rob
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't do anything with them until your mortgage is done.
DO NOT CLOSE THEM-

Also read the Credit 101 thread to max your FICO

johnvic wrote:
On my report there is a few credit cards listed that I never had. My assumpiton is that they were "pre-approved". There is no balance on them, which is good because I never used them.

They are not listed as a detriment to my fico score but should I try to close them? They are a few years old.

I am looking for a mortgage soon, my first, so I want to do the best things for my fico.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answers. I'm fairly sure they were just pre-approved. There was never any balance associated with these cards and they have been around for years. So I will take the advice to not rock the boat.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.