Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Checks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Checks

hi all, I see alerts that make my score go down and it's based on credit checks from companies that send me promotional credit card applications and such every week. Is there a way to block any company running a credit check for their promotional purposes, that only I can pull my credit when needed? If anyone has tips, please let me know, thank you! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Checks

Those are soft inquiries and do not affect your score.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, promotional credit inquiries are soft pulls and don't affect your credit, nor can credit monitoring sites see those and alert you.

In order to help others, I suggest you post the names of these lenders in this thread so other people can see who you mean.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious the exact wording and nature of the alerts you are receiving? I didn't know that one could receive and alert for a SP. I would think if that were the case people would be getting alerts daily quite often.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good comments by the other folks on this thread.  They may be able to advise you better if you also tell them what credit monitoring system (CMS) you are using -- the tool that is sending you the alerts.  Is it myFICO Ultimate 3B?  Credit Karma?  Credit Check Total?  Etc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First promotional checks do not affect your score at all. And only you see those soft inquiry’s. If you’d like to receive less of them you can get yourself on the do not call list and opt out of promotional stuff. That should lesson the amount you get. It also will take away your preapproved offers. Just a FYI on that one.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.