Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Counseling Services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Counseling Services

My Loan officer referred me to this person that works for a credit counseling service. I've been stuck with the same score for 2 months now even with my most recent collection being removed and paying down my only card with a balance from 1900 to 196, credit limit is $4000. So I was thinking of using this service because she says she can get us into the 660's or higher in the next couple of months. She is licensed and has a money back guarantee. What does everyone think? Has anyone ever used a service like this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Counseling Services

@Anonymous wrote:

My Loan officer referred me to this person that works for a credit counseling service. I've been stuck with the same score for 2 months now even with my most recent collection being removed and paying down my only card with a balance from 1900 to 196, credit limit is $4000. So I was thinking of using this service because she says she can get us into the 660's or higher in the next couple of months. She is licensed and has a money back guarantee. What does everyone think? Has anyone ever used a service like this?

By looking at your scores it appears you have been doing pretty well bringing them up in the last six months without another's help. Why would you pay someone to do what you can/have been doing yourself? The util on your card is excellent. Just keep paying on time, keep your util low, don't apply for any new credit and let time help you. 

As far as using such a service WAY back in 1993 I sought the help of our local CCCS. IMHO they were less than worthless. Perhaps it's gotten better since then. My 2 cents.

7/09
TU-742
EQ-779

Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO. 

Message 2 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

If you only have $196  in CC debt, CCCS wont even look at you.  I smelll scam here and find another LO.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, a few 30 day lates in 2007 and a lot in 2008. One account- HSBC Best Buy has a 30 day late in the beginning of 2008 and then we moved and the statements never arrived, so from August to December, it goes from 30 days late all the way to 120 days late. Eventually it went to collections but we settled and had the collections removed from the reports.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.